What is Tim Burton’s most successful movie?
“Alice in Wonderland” (2010) is Tim Burton’s best movie both critically as well as financially. The film achieved a substantial box office success, generating over USD one billion worldwide. It is the highest grossing movie produced by Tim Burton, attaining a sales of USD 334.19 million in the United States alone’. Additionally, it was the second – highest – grossing film of 2010 globally and the second – highest – grossing children’s book adaptation. In addition, its March release date was recognized for exceeding that of the movie ” 300 ” till it was eventually replaced by yet another film’.
Some other films by Tim Burton which were economically successful include “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory” (2005) and “Batman” (1989), which generated $475 million and $441million respectively worldwide. Nonetheless, “Alice in Wonderland” remains his most financially triumphant work thus far. Read about Tim Burton Net Worth
What was Tim Burton’s last film?
Tim Burton’s most recent film is “Wednesday,” a TV series from 2022 where his job as an executive producer was. He formerly was the executive producer for “Dumbo” (2019). However it must be noted that “Wednesday” is a TV series, so he is not counting feature films – “Dumbo” from 2019 would be his latest.
Tim Burton and Johnny Depp
Johnny Depp and Tim Burton have worked in concert on numerous movies through the years, and there are several reasons for their ongoing collaborations. Burton as well as Depp initially crossed paths in 1989 while collaborating on “Edward ScissorHands.” They started their 30 years of friendship and professional connection then. They possess a creative understanding which is unique among the 2. Burton picks Depp not simply because of their friendship but because he possesses certain physical and resourceful qualities which complement Burton’s directorial style. They share a passion for vintage horror, particularly silent flicks.
Trust: Burton says Depp hardly ever watches his own movies since it eliminates the “angst of somebody looking at the monitor.” Burton can take pleasure in the freedom of not being restricted by vanity like other actors due to this trust. Burton’s vision is a complete believer for Depp, and the two have a deep trust.
Artistic Intentions: Depp and Burton share a common desire for their unconventional artistic objectives. Burton has actually compared Depp to Lon Chaney, a silent movie actor renowned for his portrayals of tortured characters and makeup designs. Burton has found Depp to be a natural fit due to his ability to convey emotion without speaking, his understanding of movement, physical comedy and expressive eyes.
The latest Controversies: Even though Depp’s recent controversions have sparked speculation about their relationship, there’s no public proof that it’s impacted their creative partnership. Burton has constantly lauded Depp, revealing his trust as well as affection for his creative partner.
What is Tim Burton’s scariest movie?
“Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street” is considered to be one of the most scariest movie of Tim Burton.
Listed here are several of Burton’s flicks which are equally scarry:
- The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993): This legendary movie blends both Christmas and Halloween themes, following Jack Skellington’s discovery of Christmastown and his effort to take Christmas to Halloween Town.
- Edward Scissorhands (19 1990): A gothic story about an animated individual with scissors for hands, concentrating on love and acceptance.
- Corpse Bride (2005): A stop motion animation where a man unintentionally proposes to a deceased bride while practicing his wedding vows in the woods.
- Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (2007 film): Mrs. Lovett is the bad guy of this dark musical about a barber who kills his clients and transforms them into meat pies with the help a gruesome murderer.
- Dark Shadows (2012): Barnabus Collins is a vampire that awakens in a completely different time and has a difficult time to adjust to the new setting in a comedic but dark film.
- Frankenweenie (2012): A movie for the family featuring a boy who reanimates his beloved dog.
- Miss Peregrine’s Home of Peculiar Children (2016): A movie in regards to a man who discovers a school for kids with special skills – as well as the dangers they encounter.
- Sleepy Hollow (1999): Mystery and horror in Burton’s portrayal of the classic story of Ichabod Cran et the Headless Horseman.
- Beetlejuice (1988): Beetlejuice is a creepy spirit that will help a deceased couple scare the brand new residents of their house – in this horror-comedy.
Although all these films are distinguished by their very own distinctive blend of horror, whimsy and darkness, many still consider “Sweeney Todd:” Burton regarded The Demon Barber of Fleet Street “one of the darkest and most horror films of his career due to its themes of revenge and its lyrical quality.
What movies did Tim Burton actually direct?
Here is a list of movies that Tim Burton has directed:
- Pee-wee’s Big Adventure (1985)
- Beetlejuice (1988)
- Batman (1989)
- Edward Scissorhands (1990)
- Batman Returns (1992)
- Ed Wood (1994)
- Mars Attacks! (1996)
- Sleepy Hollow (1999)
- Planet of the Apes (2001)
- Big Fish (2003)
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)
- Corpse Bride (2005)
- Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (2007)
- Alice in Wonderland (2010)
- Dark Shadows (2012)
- Frankenweenie (2012)
- Big Eyes (2014)
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children (2016)
- Dumbo (2019)
- Beetlejuice 2 (2024, currently filming)
What was Tim Burton’s first major film?
“Pee-wee” s Big Adventure “was Tim Burton’s very first significant directorial film, made available in 1985. His very first feature – length film produced by him was a comedy movie and the start of a prosperous Hollywood career. Burton’s distinct style was displayed in the movie, which was well received as well as set the scene for upcoming movies.
Who is Tim Burton’s current partner?
Monica Bellucci, actreses famous for her roles in the Bond flicks and also the Matrosis sequels, is dating Tim Burton. In a chat with Elle France Monica Bellucci confirmed their relationship and also expressed her love as well as respect for Burton. She expressed her joy by stating, “First of all, I am happy I met The man” and praised Tim, whom they initially met on The red carpet in The 2006 Cannes Film Festival. the couple were seen together on numerous occasions. Burton’s upcoming film “Beetlejuice 2” has cast Monica Bellucci, already in production.
Is Tim Burton’s married?
Tim Burton is not married at the moment. He’s dating model Monica Bellucci. Tim Burton as well as actress Helena Bonham Carter had a long term relationship before they were never engaged. Following thirteen years together they split in 2014. Before that, Burton had been engaged to Lena Gieseke from 1989 to 1991.
Was Tim Burton married to Helena Bonham Carter?
No, Tim Burton and Helena Bonham Carter weren’t officially married. They had been in a dedicated relationship and also shared a strong personal and professional connection. They were together from 2001 to 2014 and share 2 kids. They never married despite working closely on a few films together and also being in a relationship for some time.
Did Tim Burton have kids?
Yes, Tim Burton has two children with actress Helena Bonham Carter. Their names are Billy Raymond Burton wh is born in 2003 and Nell Burton born in 2007. Both children have occasionally been in the public eye due to their parents’ prominence in the film industry.
What started Tim Burton’s career?
Tim Burton’s career began in Walt Disney Studios. He learned in CalArts and was ultimately recruited by Disney as a cartoonist. Nevertheless, his unique and dark style did not quite fit with Disney’s standard animation projects at that time.
Burton also directed a stop motion animated short titled “Vincent” (1982) narrated by Vincent Price while at Disney. The story of the short was about a kid that desired to copy the horror film actor Vincent Price. Burton’s appreciation of classic horror and his distinct gothic style were exhibited in this project.
The live action short “FrankenWEenie” from 1984 was yet another notable early work, telling the story of a boy who reanimates his dog. Burton utilized this film to be a significant stepping stone in his career despite being deemed too dark and scary for kids and not being widely released at that time by Disney executives. In 2012, the idea became a full length feature film.
Burton attained his mark as a director with “Pee-wee’s great Adventure” in 1985. Burton seized more opportunities to direct following the film’s success and rapidly established himself as a truly innovative and visionary filmmaker in Hollywood.
Has Tim Burton been nominated for an Oscar?”
Yes, Tim Burton has been nominated for an Oscar on two occasions:
- 2013 – Nominated for the Best Animated Feature for “Frankenweenie.”
- 2006 – Nominated for the Best Animated Feature Film of the Year for “Corpse Bride,” which he shared with Mike Johnson.
However, it’s worth noting that while he has received these nominations, he has not won an Oscar to date.